We believe your child’s visits to the dentist should be fun and stress-free. The Family Dental Practice offers comprehensive dental care for children of all ages in a caring environment. Our staff are kind, knowledgeable, and passionate about teaching kids healthy dental habits.
It’s never too early or too late to bring your child to the dentist. Even if they’ve only got a few teeth, it’s great to let them sit in the dental chair so they can develop a positive attitude towards the dentist. If they’re older and haven’t been to the dentist in some time, it’s important we check for decay and any developmental problems with their teeth – if they’re scared, anxious, or in pain, ask our staff about Happy Gas (please link) to keep them comfortable.
Even though baby teeth fall out, regular visits are important to:
• Check for healthy gums, and teach your child how to take care of their teeth
• Check for decay, and take x-rays to check for decay between teeth you may not be able to see
• Keep an up-to-date medical history – some medical conditions can affect the development of teeth or make them more susceptible to dental disease
• Monitor the growth and development of the teeth and jaw, and advise if orthodontic assessment is required
• Foster a positive and pro-active approach to future dental treatment
Medicare Children’s Dental Benefits Scheme
You may be eligible for a rebate of up to $1000 for your child’s dental treatment. If you’re not sure, please check with Medicare to see if your child is eligible for the Children’s Dental Benefits Scheme.
If eligible, please advise our staff and bring your Medicare card to the appointment. We set our fees to match the Medicare rebate amounts, so once you lodge our claim with Medicare you will receive 100% of the cost of treatment back (up to the $1000 limit).